Forking around- OpenMandrivaLlx3.01- an illusion?
Bobbie Sellers
2016-12-28 17:29:35 UTC
Hi aficionados of the Mandrake forks and drakxtools,

Has anyone been able to download a copy?

I have tried 3 times and been unable to get
a copy that had the proper checksums.

bliss
bliss dash SF 4 ever at dslextreme dot com
Doug Laidlaw
2016-12-29 14:40:02 UTC
Post by Bobbie Sellers
Hi aficionados of the Mandrake forks and drakxtools,
Has anyone been able to download a copy?
I have tried 3 times and been unable to get
a copy that had the proper checksums.
bliss
Where have you been trying? From the Web site, some appear to have it.
The link is to SourceForge:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/openmandriva/files/release/3.01/OpenMandrivaLx.3.01-PLASMA.x86_64.iso/download

I have had problems downloading a big file intact from SourceForge.
Maybe slow the download. A Torrent file would be safer, but 3.01 isn't
at http://downloads.openmandriva.org/torrents/ or on LinuxTracker.

DistroWatch announces the torrent, but the link is to the above.

Maybe wait a bit. It should appear on LinuxTracker eventually.

Doug.
Doug Laidlaw
2016-12-31 02:23:26 UTC
Post by Doug Laidlaw
I have had problems downloading a big file intact from SourceForge.
Maybe slow the download. A Torrent file would be safer, but 3.01 isn't
at http://downloads.openmandriva.org/torrents/ or on LinuxTracker.
DistroWatch announces the torrent, but the link is to the above.
Maybe wait a bit. It should appear on LinuxTracker eventually.
I discovered an extension of Murphy's Law, specifically for downloads:

Once the file has been at least half downloaded, the download rate will
start slowing down, such that no matter how much more of it you
download, the time remaining never changes!

Doug.
Bobbie Sellers
2016-12-31 16:54:12 UTC
Post by Doug Laidlaw
Post by Doug Laidlaw
I have had problems downloading a big file intact from SourceForge.
Maybe slow the download. A Torrent file would be safer, but 3.01 isn't
at http://downloads.openmandriva.org/torrents/ or on LinuxTracker.
DistroWatch announces the torrent, but the link is to the above.
Maybe wait a bit. It should appear on LinuxTracker eventually.
Once the file has been at least half downloaded, the download rate will
start slowing down, such that no matter how much more of it you
download, the time remaining never changes!
Doug.
Well Doug I discovered that behavior back in the days of long distance
calls to BBSes.

Thanks for your feedback.

bliss
--
bliss dash SF 4 ever at dslextreme dot com