Forking around with PCLinusOS64
Bobbie Sellers
2017-03-04 18:41:55 UTC
Hi typers and readers,
I did not have time to write about 2017.02 and .03 was out! Hurray!
This is one of the finest implementations I have seen. It has the
editors I use, the mail client I use, and lots beside. LibreOffice
version supplied at version 5.3. Krita is supplied. The Linux Kernel is
4.9.13. "KDE components were updated to Plasma 5.8.6 LTS, Frameworks to
5.31.0 and Applications to 16.12.2." sez the announcement on Distro
watch.
I made a DVD and a bootable Flash Drive. The Flash Drive is presently
installing it to my test machine replacing all the other stuff on the
disk. I used the DVD last night to test the functions.
I am waiting until the install is complete to do the rest of
my evaluation but one of my pet peeves, the digital clock has re-gained
functions and only lacks the copy date/time menu item.

The limitation is that this is only a 64 bit implementation
and the Community might be able to supply the 32 bit kernel but that
remains to be seen.
One note is that the remove panel menu item has been moved to
Panel Options>Panel Settings>More Settings>. I mention this because
of the reconfiguration of the panel arrangements that users like
myself may indulge in.

More later...

bliss "running fast and light" on PCLinuxOS64-2016.03
GNU&Linux 4.9.12-pclos1 Feb 23 17
bliss dash SF 4 ever at dslextreme dot com
Bobbie Sellers
2017-04-08 16:27:47 UTC
Post by Bobbie Sellers
[...]
Gee whiz had to do a fresh download but no time to install yet
but we are getting updates so fast, I haven't had time to install the
latest one, PCLinux OS64 2017.04 in KDE Plasma 5 and Mate.

bliss "running fast and light" on PCLinuxOS64-2016.03
GNU/Linux 4.10.8-pclos1 #1 SMP Fri Mar 31
--
bliss dash SF 4 ever at dslextreme dot com